Psalms 84: 6-7

As they pass through the Valley of Baca, the make it a place of springs; the autumn rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Long time, no Blog!!

Wheeewww....i just realized that it has been almost two months since I have blogged. That is blogged, not read everyone else's blog, YES I admit I am a blogger stalker!!

Here are some pics from our Christmas. We always spend Christmas Eve and morning at my parents house, a tradition we started the first Christmas after my brother had passed away. I love the feeling of waking up at my parents house on Christmas morning, even though we live 8 blocks away.



This is Avery on Christmas Eve, she LOVES to open presents and was front and center watching every else open theirs. I configured this after glancing back at our pics from Christmas, she was in practically every one, smiling and probably just as excited as for them as they were getting the present.





Here is our Max!! He is always content with what he receives. To say the least, he is our cheapest child to buy for. As you will see below, he was so happy to receive a $8.00 rope from Gebo's.




And this is Kloey, she had just gotten her tonsils out 2 days before. She is such a trooper and never griped a second about anything!


AND....these are pics from Christmas day. My dad is roping the two younger kids. When my dad picked up the rope to show Max how to use it, fear from my past gripped me..ha!! When we were little, my dad loved to team rope. Well, most of the time, my and my brother were the roping dummies. He would have us run down the driveway, which was gravel by the way, so the he could practice on us!! The moment I saw him with the rope, I had flashbacks, I could even smell the same air I smelt when I was 4, my white hair that I had when I was little was even blowing in my face again. I could remember thinking just run really fast and please God don't let that rope hit my feet and then hearing the sound of the rope fly past, wheeew he missed!!!







I laugh about it...now. I hated it, my brother loved it!! I know now that is why I was so tough growing up and wouldn't change it for the world! I can still hear my dad's great belly laugh, laughing at us. I miss those times!! But at least I have the memories!! And we are creating more for my children to remember.


By the way, after the roping session on Christmas day, my dad told me that my kids are way tougher than I was. Ha!!

1 comments:

Thomas Family said...

I love the last part - the story about you and your bro being the roping dummies. I'm sure even though you hated it, there are great memories!! (I need to do an entry - it's been way too long!)